A trip to Latvia Cosmo, Grendel and OK visited Latvia in summer 2005, visited local museums, aviation locations and travelled a bit around. Here is a photo report of the trip.
Photos by OK and Grendel.
The local aviation museum is located right next to the Riga airport. Just 2 minutes walk from the main door. Getting in might be a puzzle,
so here are some good instructions:
- Just turn left from airport's main entrance. Walk towards the big helicopters. You can't miss the museum.
- You can arrive with your own car, or just use a bus or taxi to arrive to the airport. Taxi can take to to the museum entrance, of couse.
- It is best if you have a Riga tourist guide or something, so you can show taxi driver the museum name from the booklet.
- The place is called "Soviet Aviation Museum" or "Aviacjijas muzejs"
- Telephone number 720 7482.
- In theory, the museum is open every day. In practise, if you want to be sure, you should call and make sure
if anyone is in there. Ask your hotel's staff or the nice people from tourist info centers to call the museum
if they're open next day or whatever. They do not quite speak English in the museum, so unless you speak
Latvian or Russian you might not receive understable answer
- But the museum IS really nice place. With luck there might be one of the chaps, who speaks at least
a tiny bit of English. He's really nice and helpful, and has long experience in the "eastern bloc" aviation.
If you're going to Riga, definitely visit the museum. It's fantastic!
65-96 (of 300 found)
Tässä albumissa on yhteensä 300 kuvaa.
Albumi luotu 10/24/05 12:33 AM.
Generated by JAlbum 5.2